Thursday, March 26, 2020

Choosing love over fear

Afghanistan: Gunmen attack Sikh Gurudwara, 11 killed | Indiablooms ...Crisis is a time when all human tendencies – based on both love and fear – intensify and come to the surface. Look at all the news about immense generosity and care across the world. Healthcare workers and people from all walks of life are rising up to the occasion to be in service! Alongside acts of aggression, hoarding, profiting and discrimination. While it is very tempting to curse the “bad guys”, it helps to pause and reflect on our own lives.

Let us take a few deep breaths and connect to a time in our lives when we hit a deep crisis.

Now let us each ask ourselves:

“What seeds of fear within myself did I come in touch with then? Which of them did I water and allow to sprout?

Did I agress on anyone with action or words?

Did I utter or think the words “I just don’t care about you! Get lost”?

Did I tell myself or others “If only you knew what I’ve been (I’m going ) through…”?

Did I cause any physical hurt or damage to things around me?

Did I utter sarcastic or hurtful comments, feeling "Take this! You deserve it!”?

What are all the things that I have a tendency to accumulate and hoard, out of fear of scarcity?"

I have felt / said / done many of them (and continue to) during times of personal crisis. And I continue to watch for the seeds that I haven't yet identified within. I also have many memories of rising above my self and being kind in ways that I never knew I was capable of!

I believe that Life is organised in fractals. At every level, from the personal to the collective, this is the same pattern. In times of crisis, Love will rise up to be immensely generous. Fear will go down to become terrified and violent.

Dose of positive: Pouring out love, light & healing | Coryelle ...Crises are also 'Inflection Points'. The one we are witnessing now seems like a massive portal with the possibility of a planetary shift.  Depending on whether we choose to act from love or from fear, consciousness can either rise or fall. Alienating the agressor saying“I hate you! How could you?! You are disgusting!” is like food for the fearful mind and will further energise the dark field. Seeing the deep fear and pathos behind all aggression by first connecting with those deeply-hidden dark caves within ourselves, embracing them with compassion, will invite light into them and heal. I choose healing.

This will be my 10-minute meditation today at 9 pm (IST). If this speaks to you, you are welcome to join in from wherever you are.

Related posts: I'm waiting
Related reading: Please call me by my true names

No comments: