Monday, July 28, 2008

My 'Pen' Friend

Meet my ‘pen’ friend who turned 1 year old this month. I just named her FOO for no particular reason. A year ago, when I picked her up from my MIL’s pen collection, she was just another ink pen. Just like the hundreds of her like that I had borrowed, used, lost, found, thrown around, smashed recklessly, and finally chucked into the bin to be dumped in a landfill.

Things changed with Foo coming into my life. I was treating her with more respect, keeping her protected, making sure she was full and handling her with better care. Sometimes, when I left on my trips without her, I missed her badly. When I got back, she would be right there waiting for me.

Foo knows my doodles, my secrets, my schedules, my long lists of everything, the names of the people I am in love with as I write them over and over again, phone numbers, my crazy ideas, my blueprints. Foo knows me well.

From my past record until a year ago, I never imagined that she’d stay on or I’d keep her this long. But now that we have come this far together, I somehow want to grow old with her. And with each passing day, my commitment to that journey only grows stronger. And I just love that!


4 comments:

selva said...

Hi Sangeetha, Selva here...just visited ur blog fortunately...hey its well composed...gud job done here.... continue ur writings...if possible do keep n touch @ cselvamca@gmail.com...take care...

Rajeev said...

she's only the messenger :-)

Czar said...

Soft and nice blog.
Hope your friendship with your pen lasts really long, much more than Amaron batteries.

Sorry for the sad humor that I try to encourage myself with. :D

Cheers

Czar said...

Soft and nice blog.
Hope your friendship with your pen lasts really long, much more than Amaron batteries.

Sorry for the sad humor that I try to encourage myself with. :D

Cheers